Sally H. Gafford, Ph.D.
I am a dedicated therapy professional who stays current in several specializations, holding advanced degrees, licenses, and certifications. With solid expertise in the scientific bases of Marriage and Family Therapy, I use the Brief Solution Oriented Cognitive Behavioral approach. The approach I use is an invaluable resource in guiding clients towards positive changes in less time, while allowing clients to maintain their autonomy.
- Doctorate Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and Development: St. Louis University
- Masters Degree in General Counseling University of Missouri Saint Louis
- Bachelors of Arts in Elementary Education from Birmingham-Southern College.
Professional Licenses and Certification
- Postgraduate Ceritication program in Family and Marital Therapy from George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- National Board Certified Counselor (NBCC)
- Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Past Supervisor for the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor in the State of Missouri
- Internationally Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Certified through the National Board for Certified Counselors as a Master Addictions Counselor (MAC)
Honors and Recognitions
- Chi Sigma Iota – International Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society, University of Missouri – St. Louis Psi Chapter
- Phi Kappa Phi – Interdisciplinary Academic Honor Society, University of Missouri – St. Louis Chapter
- Phi Lamda Theta – Honor Society for Excellence in Education, St. Louis University – Beta Xi Chapter